Why Grace Occupational Therapy
We believe in providing the highest quality service and care for children and their families. We provide families with support and education and appreciate each child is individual with gifts and talents. Our focus is on the priorities of the child and family, to assist them with achieving outcomes that will most benefit their lives.
Grace Occupational Therapy endeavours to be at the forefront of research and development. All therapists participate in ongoing professional development and focus on providing evidence based intervention.
- We provide individual therapy with the child to address his/her specific goals and tailor a therapy plan that will provide the most effective outcome.
- We work in consultation with parents, teachers, schools, teacher-aids, child-care centre/pre-schools and other allied health professionals to ensure therapy transitions across all environments.
- We provide home visits and school visits where needed to implement plans and strategies with the home and school environment.
- We locate and source funding avenues where possible and provide information to parents about funding options.
- For children on Medicare plans, we provide treating doctors with Medicare progress reports as part of the therapy service.
- As part of the service, we provide Hicaps and Medicare claims for our families on the spot so they don’t have the added hassles of visiting Medicare to make their claims and out of pocket expenses are reimbursed at each visit.
- We listen to teachers, parents and children and seek to understand their needs and offer our families a personalised service
- We actively encourage parents and teachers to partner with us in every aspect of therapy
- We promote inclusion and aim to enable children to participate in the various aspects of their life roles
- We cater for the educational needs of the child and helping children to achieve their academic goals
- Each session is individually prepared for your child because we recognise that each child is unique and learns in their own way
- Our philosophy is “Children First & Foremost”. We put the child at the centre of everything we do and encourage open and supportive relationships with our families based on respect, communication and shared goals
Professional excellence is the standard of practice:
- We believe in professional excellence at all times
- We use current research and evidence-based intervention strategies.
- We develop skills in the context relevant to the child
- We use intervention strategies that develop skills focussed on achieving positive, long-term outcomes
- We measure and monitor change over time and adjust our therapy as needed for continued improvement